Statue in Wat Pho Temple
Artist: Stefano Ember
Welcome to Our Yoga Place! We’re happy you found us. You’re at a start of a fantastic journey that is all about you. You are perfect and our teachers are here to help guide you in your practice. Here are your travel tips:
- Yoga is about strengthening your mind, body, and spirit. Through the practice of yoga, you will develop clarity of mind, a stronger body, and connect to your spirituality.
- Read our class descriptions and sign up for a class that interests you by using our Schedule and Registration page. Remember to sign your waiver!
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before class starts. A teacher will help you set up and provide specific tips for the class you’re taking.
- Wear clothing you’ll be comfortable stretching in. Wear extra light clothing for the “Hot” classes. You will appreciate bringing a change of clothes for after class too.
- Bring a yoga mat, two towels and water. We also have these items available at the school for sale or rent.
- If you’re taking a “Hot” class, hydrate at least two hours before class and give your stomach a rest from eating.
- Have fun! This is your practice. Every day will be different. Enjoy the ride!
We’re glad you’re adding Our Yoga Place to your list of practice locations! Every studio is unique and has its own “rules” to follow. Here’s how we get along at Our Yoga Place:
- Bring only your mat, towel, and water into the studio. Ample cubbies and lockers are available for your convenience.
- Stay in the room during class. All the fun “stuff” happens during class and you might miss out. Students will miss you too. (Of course, if it’s an absolute emergency, we understand. Let our staff know how we can assist you.)
- Give yourself an electronic break. If it beeps, buzzes, talks, plays music leave it your car or locker. The sound of silence is amazing!
- Please stay on your mat and be quiet. It’s courtesy to the students and teacher.
- We understand there are many variations of yoga taught. Be mindful and follow the teacher’s instructions. It’s a great opportunity to learn something new and our teachers are glad to provide explanations of their teaching after class.
- Reduce stress
- Lose weight
- Make new friends
- Lower cholesterol level
- Learn to exercise
- Become flexible
- Develop balance
- Energize your body
- Strengthen mental focus
- Physical, emotional, spiritual transformation